Pathways to digitalisation of manufacturing
For a basic introduction into ConnectedFactories Pathways and an invitation to contribute, have a look at this video:
(We recommend viewing in HD. Click on YouTube or click here to view in full screen)
Pathways to digitalisation of manufacturing reflect how digitalisation and eventually the deployment of digital platforms can bring value within different kinds of manufacturing perspectives, such as factory automation, value networks or product-service development. The pathways enhance the awareness among different stakeholders about the actual and future use of digital technologies in manufacturing and facilitate the migration from legacy situations towards innovative approaches.
Three pathways with a particular scope within the overal contect of manufacturing have been developed during teh ConnectedFactories 1 project (2016-2019):
- Autonomous Smart Factories (more on this page, see also the video here below).
- Hyperconnected Factories (more on this page, including a video).
- Collaborative Product-Service Factories (more on this page ; including a video).
Also during ConnectedFactories 1, a pathway on cybersecurity for manufacturing has been drafted (more on this page).
In ConnectedFactories 2, work has focused on the development of two new pathways:
- Circular economy for manufacturing. (more on this page, including a video)
- Data spaces for manufacturing. (more on this page, including a video)
- AI for manufacturing pathway. (more on this page)
You can find the associated deliverables that describe these pathways here.
Also after the conclusion of the ConnectedFactories CSA project, EFFRA will further strive to fine-tune these pathways and the associated cases to these pathways that illustrate the way forward. In particular is it important that many cases also reflect the requirements and the context of SMEs.