EFFRA & BDVA Sign Memorandum of Cooperation
EFFRA and the Big Data Value Association have today agreed to closer cooperation by signing a memorandum of cooperation (MoC) during the Digitising European Industry Stakeholder Forum.
Since its beginning, the Factories of the Future partnership has worked to advance digitisation within manufacturing as part of its overall efforts to transform production technologies. As the digitisation of manufacturing has advanced so too has the importance of data and the increase in shared areas of interest between the Factories of the Future and Big Data Value partnerships.
The MoC between EFFRA and the BDVA states that both associations closely cooperate by:
- Contributing to the EU’s Digital Agenda through strategic documents (including roadmaps), pilots and related activities
- Identifying pathways from current industrial state of play to vision of factories of the future
- Exchanging best practices and approaches between projects
- Joint support to events on industrial cooperation in the digital economy and next generation digital infrastructures
- Greater efficiency in exploitation of project results.
Speaking during the signing, Rikka Virrken (EFFRA Board Member) said, “Today we build upon the progress achieved to date by our partnerships and upon existing cooperation, today we agree to engage in closer collaboration to achieve our common goals and to realise the potential of digitisation manufacturing”.